The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has released an operational update on the state of warfare as of 18.00 on May 13, 2022.
According to Ukraine’s General Staff operational report, in the Slobozhansky direction, enemy's main efforts are focused on ensuring the withdrawal of its units from the city of Kharkiv and preventing the withdrawal of units of the Defense Forces to the rear of the russian group of troops concentrated in the city of Izyum. russian enemy units fired on the positions of Ukraine’s troops in the areas of the settlements of Petrivka, Pytomnyk, Ruski Tyshky and Ternova.
Read more: “Fight Through Tank’s Eyes” – Warriors of Ukraine’s Mechanized Brigade Showed How They Fight the Occupiers (Video)
Key points of the report:
- In the Volyn and Polissya directions, invaiders did not take active action. Their main efforts were to cover the state border in Brest and Gomel oblasts. As part of the inspection of the armed forces of the republic of belarus in the Kobrin district of Brest region and Lida district of Grodno region, meetings with conscripts continue.
- The threat of missile strikes from the territory of the republic of belarus on infrastructure facilities on the territory of Ukraine remains.
- In the northern direction, the enemy is strengthening the protection of the Ukrainian-russian border in the Bryansk and Kursk regions. From the territory of the russian federation, the enemy fired artillery at civilian targets in the Sumy region and launched an air strike on the village of Tovstodubovo.
- In the Slovyansk direction, russians concentrated their main efforts on the offensive in the area of the settlement of Bohorodychne, but had no success. Its conducted artillery shelling in the areas of Nova Dmytrivka and Krasnopillya. It carried out air strikes in the areas of the settlements of Dolyna and Adamivka.
- Enemy units continue to fire on Ukrainian troops in the Donetsk and Tavriya directions. The occupiers tried to establish control over the settlements of Novoselivka Druha, Kamyanka, Marinka and Novomykhailivka.
- In the Lyman direction, the enemy tried unsuccessfully to gain a foothold in the area of the settlement of Oleksandrivka.
- In the Severodonetsk direction it carries out active fire influence in the area of the settlement of Rubizhne.
- In the Bakhmut direction, the occupiers carried out assault operations in the directions of the settlements of Zolotye and Komyshuvakha, but was unsuccessful. Carries out shelling of the settlements of Toshkivka and Orikhove.
- In the Avdiivka direction, with the support of artillery, thr enemy is conducting offensive operations in the directions of the settlements of Kamyanka and Novoselivka, and has no success.
- In Mariupol, occupiers focused their efforts on blocking units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the area of the Azovstal plant, and the shelling continues.
- The enemy did not conduct active hostilities in the South Buh area, firing at units of the Defense Forces with artillery and mortars. He continued to conduct air reconnaissance.
As the Ukraine’s General Staff states, Illegal actions against the local population continue in the territories temporarily occupied by the enemy. Measures of the administrative-police regime are underway, the counter-intelligence regime has been strengthened. Unreasonable detention of civilians, especially those with an active pro-Ukrainian position, continues.
As Defense Express reported a scout of the 79th Air Assault Brigade downed an unmanned aerial vehicle of the "Leer" electronic warfare complex for suppressing GSM communications. The UAV was shot with a rifle, as said in the report from the 79th Brigade, forwarded by the Air Assault Forces Command.
Find more details on the theme in a publication by Defense Express:
Find more on the current details of Ukraine-russia war as well as russia’s combat losses in a publications by Defense Express:
Read more: Ukrainian Military Sent to Hell russian T-90 "Vladimir" Tank to Acompany His "Younger Brother" T-90M "Proryv" Tank