The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has released anoperational update on the state of warfare as of 18.00 on May 10, 2022
According to Ukraine’s General Staff operational report, Invaders continue to conduct full-scale armed aggression against Ukraine. The enemy is increasing the pace of strategic offensive operations in the Eastern Operational Zone. It exercises fire along the entire line of contact and in the depths of the defense of Ukraine’s troops. The greatest activity of the occupiers is observed in Slobozhansky and Donetsk directions. There is a high probability of missile strikes on civilian and military infrastructure.
As a result of coordinated actions of the personnel of the units of the Defense Forces of Ukraine in the Kharkiv region, the settlements of Cherkasy Tyshky, Rusky Tyshky, Rubizhne and Bayrak were liberated.
Key points of the report:
- In the Volyn and Polissya directions, the enemy did not take active action.
- There was a movement of military equipment of the Armed Forces of the republic of belarus as part of the combat readiness check and the completion of the rotation of some units involved in strengthening the protection of the Ukrainian-belarusian border in Brest and Gomel regions.
- In the Siversky direction, russians continue to provide enhanced protection of the Ukrainian-russian border in the Bryansk and Kursk regions. It fired mortars in the border areas near Karpovychi and Senkivka in the Chernihiv region.
- The enemy did not conduct active offensive operations in the Slobozhansky direction. It continues to take measures to regroup existing units. It carries out engineering and fortification equipment of advanced positions, strengthens the air defense system, increases the system of medical support.
- In order to prevent the advance of units of the Defense Forces of Ukraine and to strengthen its troops, the enemy additionally moved to the territory of Kharkiv oblast up to five hundred mobilized persons from the temporarily occupied territory of Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
- In the Izyum direction, the enemy continued to create favorable conditions for the offensive.It replenished ammunition and logistics, conducted engineering equipment of advanced positions and strengthened air reconnaissance.
- There were fixed unsuccessful attempts of enemy to establish control over Rubizhne continue in the Severodonetsk direction.
- Invaiders carries out assault operations in the areas of the settlements of Nyzhne, Toshkivka, Orikhove, Luhansk region, has no success.
- The enemy is trying to gain a foothold in the area of the settlement of Oleksandrivka, is carrying out assault operations in the area of the settlement of Shandryholove, Donetsk region, has no success.
- In the Donetsk direction, occupiers attempted assault operations in the directions of the town of Maryanka, the settlements of Kamyanka, Yasynuvata district, and Novomykhailivka, Pokrovsky district, Donetsk oblast. They were unsuccessful.
- In the city of Mariupol, the enemy continues to focus its efforts on blocking and destroying our units in the area of the Azovstal plant. With the support of artillery and tank fire, it conducts assault operations.
- The situation in the Zaporizhzhya and South Buh directions has not changed significantly.
As the Ukraine’s General Staff states, an intensified level of terrorist threat continues to operate in the transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova. Mobilization activities are not being carried out in the region, and local armed groups and a task force of russian troops continue to be on high alert.
As Defense Express reported Ukrainian military destroyed rare russian flamethrower operators' heavy armored vehicle. There were only 10 such an armored vehicles in the armed forces of the russian federation, two of which had already been lost in battles on the territory of Ukraine.
Find more details on the theme in a publication by Defense Express:
Find more on the current details of Ukraine-russia war as well as russia’s combat losses in a publications by Defense Express: