The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has released an operational update on the state of warfare as of 06.00 on May 7, 2022.
According to Ukraine’s General Staff operational report, In the settlement of Ivano-Kepin, Mykolaiv region, units of the Defense Forces of Ukraine destroyed a warehouse with ammunition and up to 20 units of enemy military equipment.
Key points of the report:
- Invaders did not take active action in the Polissya direction. In the course of checking the combat readiness of units that perform tasks to cover the border with Ukraine, covert rotation of these units is not excluded.
- The enemy did not take active action in the Siversky direction. It continues engineering and fortification equipment of positions and strips in the border areas of the Kursk region.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, russians continue artillery shelling of settlements near the city of Kharkiv. In the Izyum direction the enemy conducts air reconnaissance with the use of UAVs in order to clarify the positions of Ukrainian troops.
- In the area of the settlements of Tsyrkuny and Rusky Tyshky, occupiers blew up three road bridges in order to slow down the counter-offensive actions of the Defense Forces of Ukraine.
- In the Donetsk and Tavriya directions, the enemy continues to carry out artillery shelling along the line of contact and uses operational and tactical aircraft to launch missile and bomb strikes on the positions of our troops.
- In the city of Mariupol, the blockade of units of the Defense Forces in the Azovstal district continues. Occupiers carried out assault operations in order to take control of the plant.
- In the South Buh direction, russians inflicted fire damage using artillery on the positions of our troops. It fired at the civilian infrastructure of the city of Mykolayiv with rockets and multiple rocket launchers.
- In the temporarily occupied city of Kherson, invaders are taking a number of measures to ensure the activities of the russian occupation forces and support the russian occupation regime. The number of checkpoints and mobile patrols has increased.
According to Ukraine’s General Staff operational report, during the previous day, fourteen Orlan UAVs were hit by the Air Defense and Land Forces.
In the Donetsk and Luhansk regions, defenders of Ukraine repulsed eight enemy attacks, destroyed three tanks, eight artillery systems, seven units of armoured combat vehicles, one car and three units of special enemy engineering equipment.
Find more on the current details of Ukraine-russia war as well as russia’s combat losses in a publications by Defense Express: