The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has released an operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on May 6, 2022.
According to Ukraine’s General Staff operational report, the greatest activity of russian occupiers continues to be observed in Slobozhansky and Donetsk directions.
Key points of the report:
- The greatest activity of russian occupiers continues to be observed in Slobozhansky and Donetsk directions.
- In the Bessarabian direction, the russian federation continues to provoke tensions in the transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova. The personnel of the operational group of the russian troops are in combat readiness "Full".
- In the Donetsk and Tavriya directions, in order to restrain the actions of Ukrainian units, the enemy fires along the entire line of contact. Continues airstrikes and missiles.
- Currently, units of the Armed Forces of the russian federation remain in the Republic of belarus, consisting of up to eight launchers of Iskander-M operational-tactical missile systems and up to six aircraft of various modifications that may be involved in air and missile strikes on Ukraine.
- As a result of the offensive in Kharkiv Oblast, units of the Defense Forces of Ukraine regained control over the settlements of Oleksandrivka, Fedorivka, Ukrainka, Shestakovo, Peremoha, and part of the village of Cherkaski Tyshky.
- In the city of Mariupol, the enemy focused its efforts on blocking and defeating units of Ukrainian defenders in the Azovstal area.
- In the South Buh direction, the enemy focused the efforts on maintaining the occupied frontiers, replenishing ammunition and engineering equipment positions.
The enemy also suffered losses in other areas. The resistance movement continues to develop actively in the cities and villages temporarily occupied by russian aggressor.
As the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine reports, about 24900 agressor's troops eliminated, 678 air targets of invaders were shot down thousands of tanks, armored vehicles and tracks were destroyed by defenders of Ukraine.
During the previous day, the Air Defence and Land Forces air defence units hit 1 aircraft and 14 UAVs.
Find more details on the topic in the publications by Defense Express: