General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine posted an operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on May 12, 2022. Key points:
- The Russian army did not take any active action in the Volyn and Polissia areas. The second stage of checking the readiness of units of the Belarusian armed forces continues.
- The threat of missile and bomb strikes from Belarus on infrastructure facilities in Ukraine remains.
- In the northern direction, the Russians shelled the border areas of Ukraine.
- In the Kharkiv direction, the Russian army tried to prevent Ukrainian troops from advancing and liberating Russian-occupied territories.
- The enemy fired on the positions of Ukrainian troops in the areas of the settlements of Pytomnyk and Ruski Tyshky.
- In the Slovyansk direction, the enemy fired on the areas of settlements along the line of contact and conducted air reconnaissance with the Orlan-10 drone.
- In the Donetsk direction, the occupiers used mortars, artillery, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, and rocket-bomb airstrikes to destroy Ukrainian troopsʼ fortifications.
- In the Lyman direction, the enemy is trying to capture the area on the right bank of the Seversky Donets River and gain a foothold in the Oleksandrivka area. The Russians also tried unsuccessfully to storm the village of Novoselivka.
- In the Sievierodonetsk direction, the Russian army continues to storm the area of Voievodovka, has no success.
- In the Bakhmut, Avdiyivka and Kurakhove directions, the enemy is storming to improve its tactical position but has no success.
- In Mariupol, the Russian army launches artillery and air strikes and blocks the Azovstal plant.
- The Russian occupiers conducted air reconnaissance by drones in the Pokrovsk, Slovyansk and Pavlohrad districts.
- In the South Buh direction, the enemy did not conduct active hostilities, held positions, and increased electronic warfare systems.
- Russians increase air defense forces in the western part of the Crimean peninsula.
Read more: Day 78th of War Between Ukraine and Russian Federation (Live Updates)
Read more: The 78th Day of the War: Russian Casualties in Ukraine