General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine posted an operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on May 12, 2022. Key points:
- In the areas north of the city of Kharkiv, the enemy fires artillery at units of our troops in order to inflict losses on manpower, weapons and military equipment.
- In the Mykolaiv direction, around Nova Kakhovka the enemy carries out preparation of engineering divisions for guidance of pontoon-bridge crossings.
- In the Donetsk direction, enemy units are trying to develop offensive operations in the Lyman, Severodonetsk, Bakhmut, Avdiivka and Kurakhiv directions. The main task remains to establish full control over Rubizhne, capture Lyman and Severodonetsk.
- In the Lyman direction, the enemy crossed the Seversky Donets River to enter the main forces and conduct an offensive. In the direction of Siversk leads the offensive in the direction of the Green Valley and Novoselivka. Fighting continues.
- In the Severodonetsk direction, the enemy is advancing in the direction of Kudryashivka, Severodonetsk, with partial success.
- In the Bakhmut direction, the enemy is storming Pervomaisk and Komyshuvakha, and fighting continues.
- In the Avdiivka direction, the enemy is storming Novobakhmutivka and Novokalynove.
- In the Kurakhiv direction, the enemy is advancing in the directions of Stepne - Novomykhailivka, Slavne - Novomykhailivka and Oleksandrivka - Marinka. Fighting continues.
In the territory of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, defenders of Ukraine repulsed nine enemy attacks, destroyed eight tanks, six units of armored combat vehicles, five cars and one enemy anti-aircraft gun. Air defense units shot down four Orlan-10 UAVs.
Read more: Ukrainian Military Sent to Hell russian T-90 "Vladimir" Tank to Acompany His "Younger Brother" T-90M "Proryv" Tank