The League was established at the end of 2016 to protect the interests of the private defense industry in Ukraine and the representation of League members-companies, which covering various fields of production (armored equipment, military equipment, unmanned aerial vehicles, military electronics, electronic combat systems, intelligence systems, weapons, ammunition , body armor, etc.) on international markets.
2017 became the year of the formation of the association, indicating the necessity and effectiveness of its existence. Last September, the League, together with its partner NTUU «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute»organized and held the First All-Ukrainian forum of private defense companies and a mini exhibition of defense products. Repeatedly the products of the members of the League were presented to potential foreign customers at international exhibitions for ambassadors and military attaches of foreign countries.
Read more: Flying machines from “ANTONOV”
Public association "League of defense companies of Ukraine" and its enterprises-members took active part in XV International Specialized Exhibition ARMS AND SECURITY '2018 (October 9-12, 2018, Kyiv, Ukraine)
Since its founding management of the League conducts an active dialogue with people's deputies of Ukraine and the leadership of state authorities. The outcome of these meetings was the establishment of ties and the interaction of the League with the Government and state customers.
The evidence of the League's recognition at the state level is that representatives of the League are involved in the work of interdepartmental commissions and working groups to solve the urgent problems of the defense industry, namely:
By the decree of the President of Ukraine, the Director General of the League is included in the Interdepartmental Commission on the issues of the defense-industrial complex;
representatives of the League are included in the Interdepartmental Coordination Commission on import substitution and the composition of the Interdepartmental Commission on pricing for military products;
League is invited to lead the creation of a working group on information and explanatory work for the export control industry;
Representatives of the League are involved in cooperation in working groups at NATO;
The League is involved in the creation of a Training and Research and Innovation Center for Defense and Industrial Complex, along with the Ministry of Defense, State Concern "Ukroboronprom", NTUU «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute».
At the initiative of the League, was created the Committee of Defense at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry - a platform for discussing the current problems of the sector and working out decisions that, on behalf of the leadership of the UCCI, are directed to the heads of legislative and executive bodies.
Currently, the League is initiating before the authorities a solution to a number of problematic issues of the Ukrainian defense industry, including such as:
– improving of the pricing system for defense products;
– creation of the system of standardization and certification of products of defense purposes, formation of test-measuring base;
– improvement of the regulatory framework for the development and production of defense products;
– the solution of a number of problems related to the implementation of import substitution measures, both in the direction of diversification of imported supplies after the termination of military-technical cooperation with the Russian Federation, and in the direction of reverse engineering for the replacement of components, assemblies and assemblies for components of own production in the military equipment and the arms production of the USSR and the Russian Federatio;
– creation of attractive conditions for attraction of foreign investments in scientific-technical and innovation-technological sphere;
– creation of equal conditions between private and state enterprises in the course of implementation of measures for the development of production.
Public association "League of defense companies of Ukraine" now is an effective tool for identifying ways to overcome existing obstacles and further improving public-private partnership in the defense industry.
General director "League of defense companies of Ukraine"
Read more: Helicopter modernization