The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has released an operational update on the state of warfare as of 06.00 on May 14, 2022.
According to Ukraine’s General Staff operational report, the greatest activity of russian occupiers is observed in Slobozhansky and Donetsk directions.
Key points of the report:
- There is still a threat that the enemy will launch missile and bomb strikes on military and civilian facilities in Ukraine.
- In the Volyn and Polissya directions, the enemy did not take active action.
- In the Siversky direction, russian enemy provides enhanced protection of the Ukrainian-russian border in the Bryansk and Kursk regions.
- russian enemy did not conduct active hostilities in the Kharkiv direction.
- In the Slovyansk direction, russian enemy carried out artillery shelling of civilian and military infrastructure in the areas of the settlements of Dovgenke, Dolyna and Husarivka.
- In the Donetsk and Tavriya directions, russian enemy used mortars, artillery, rocket-propelled grenades and aircraft to inflict maximum losses on units of the Defence Forces, deplete personnel and destroy fortifications.
- In addition, russian enemy is trying to improve the tactical situation in the areas of Komyshuvakha, Krasnohorivka, Novomykhailivka, Kostiantynivka and Pobeda. It is not successful.
- In the city of Mariupol, russian enemy continues to blockade our units near the Azovstal plant. Inflicts massive artillery and air strikes.
- In the Zaporizhiz direction, in order to maintain the occupied territory, there are preparatory measures for the construction of a multi-tiered defence by the occupiers.
- The situation in the South Buh area has not changed significantly. The enemy continues to shell the positions of our troops with mortars and artillery.
- Ten attacks by the Russian occupiers were repulsed in Donetsk and Luhansk over the past 24 hours, five tanks, five artillery systems, six units of armoured combat vehicles and seven enemy vehicles were destroyed.
- Air defence units shot down three Orlan-10 unmanned aerial vehicles.
As Defense Express reported the Armed Forces of Ukraine have destroyed about 260 enemy troops and four tanks in eastern Ukraine over the past day, Friday, May 13
Find more details on the theme in a publication by Defense Express:
Read more: RM-70 MLRS is Already in Ukraine