The enemy used S-300/S-400 anti-aircraft guided missiles to launch missile strikes on the capital and other populated areas of Ukraine. It also launched 41 air- and sea-based cruise missiles and guided air missiles, which are high-precision weapons. 26 rockets were destroyed by our defenders.
Read more: Missile Attack on Ukraine, January 14th: russia Uses S-300/400 Rockets on Kyiv and Inconspicuous Kh-22 Missiles on Dnipro
As the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine states the enemy does not abandon his intentions to completely seize the Donetsk Oblast, and is concentrating main efforts on offensive actions in the Bakhmut direction. russians are also conducting an offensive on the Lyman, Avdiiv and Novopavliv axes, and on the Kupyansk axis - they are trying to improve the tactical position.
The aftermath of a barbaric missile attack by Russian terrorists on a residential building in the Ukrainian city of Dnipro.
" Last day units of the Defense Forces of Ukraine repelled the attacks of the occupiers in the areas of Makiyivka and Bilogorivka settlements of Luhansk Oblast and Verkhnyokamianske, Spirne, Bilogorivka, Sil, Soledar, Bakhmut, Klishchiivka, Novobakhmutivka, Krasnohorivka, Vodyane, Mayorsk and Maryinka of Donetsk Oblast.
Volyn, Polissya, Siversk and Slobozhansk axes: without significant changes, no offensive groups of the enemy were detected. The areas of the settlements of Vovkivka and Kindrativka in the Sumy Oblast and Veterinarne, Staritsa, Ohirtseve, Gatyshche, Vovchansk, Budarki, Strelecha, Ternova, Chugunivka, Khatne and Topoli in the Kharkiv Oblast were hit by mortar and artillery fire," the update reads.
Ukraine’s General Staff underlines that attacking populated areas, the enemy continues to destroy the infrastructure and homes of the civilian population, thereby violating the norms of International Humanitarian Law, the laws and customs of warfare.
At the same time, according to the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Uraine, the Ukrainian aviation carried out 9 strikes on the areas occupied by the occupiers, and units of missile and artillery troops of the Defense Forces of Ukraine hit 2 control points, 8 areas of concentration of manpower, an anti-aircraft missile complex, 3 ammunition depots, as well as 2 other important enemy objects over the past day.
Key points of the report:
- Kupyansk axis: the areas of Dvorichna, Zapadne, Sinkivka, Orlyanka, Kotlyarivka, Berestov and Krokhmalne settlements of Kharkiv Oblast, as well as Novoselivske and Stelmakhivka in Luhansk Oblast, were shelled.
- Lymanskyi axis: Makiivka, Ploshanka, Nevske, Kreminna, Dibrova and Chervonopivka of the Luhansk Oblast came under fire.
- Bakhmut axis: Spirne, Vyimka, Bilogorivka, Rozdolivka, Soledar, Paraskoviivka, Bakhmut, Vesele, Druzhba, and Severny in Donetsk Oblast were damaged by fire.
- Avdiivka axis: the enemy fired from tanks and rocket artillery at the Krasnohorivka, Vesele, Avdiivka, Georgiivka, Maryinka, Berdychi, Vodyane, and Novomykhailivka settlements in the Donetsk Oblast.
- Novopavlivsk, Vugledar, Prechistivka, Zolota Niva and Velika Novosilka in Donetsk Oblast were shelled.
- Zaporizhzhia axis: Malynivka, Gulyaipole, Dorozhnyanka, Zaliznychne, Charivne, Biloghirya, Mala Tokmachka, Orihiv, Novoandriivka, Stepove and Plavni of the Zaporizhia Oblast were affected by enemy fire.
- Kherson axis: Kherson and Antonivka in the Kherson Oblast and Dmytrivka in the Mykolaiv Oblast were shelled by rocket and barrel artillery. There are casualties among civilians.
As the operational update notes, during the past day, Ukraine’s aircraft made 5 strikes on areas where the occupiers are concentrated. Also, an unmanned aerial vehicle of the "Orlan-10" type was shot down.
At the same time, units of missile troops and artillery of the Defense Forces of Ukraine hit 2 control points, 9 areas of concentration of manpower and military equipment, an ammunition depot, as well as an enemy radio-electronic warfare station.
Ukraine’s General Staff underlines that the enemy continues to suffer daily losses in manpower. Thus, on January 12, in the direction of Starobilsk, Luhansk Oblast, the evacuation of about 50 wounded enemy personnel, who were operating near Svatovo, was carried out.
According to available information, as of January 12, 10 units of T-80BV tanks remained in serviceable condition in one of the tank battalions of the 26th tank regiment of the occupiers, which is participating in hostilities in the Kupyansk direction. The rest are either destroyed or disabled. Of the personnel in the battalion, about 30 invaders remained.
Ukraine’s General Staff also warns that the threat of further air and missile strikes by the Russian occupiers remains on the entire territory of Ukraine.
Find more details on the current situation of Ukraine-russia war as well as russia’s combat losses in a publications by Defense Express: