The adversary also conducts unsuccessful offensive actions in the Avdiivka direction. It does not stop trying to improve the tactical positionon Kupyansk and Lyman axes.
"Over the past day, the enemy launched 15 air strikes and 5 missile strikes, 2 of them on the civilian infrastructure of Kostyantynivka, Donetsk Oblast. He carried out more than 95 attacks from MLRS, in particular on Kherson. Over the past 24 hours, units of the Defense Forces of Ukraine repelled the attacks of the occupiers in the areas of the settlements of Ploshanka, Bilogorivka and Chervonpopivka in the Luhansk Oblast and Rozdolivka, Sil’, Krasna Gora, Bakhmut, Klishchiivka, Vodyane, Kreminna, Pobyeda, Mayorsk, Maryinka and Velyka Novosilka in the Donetsk Oblast," the update reads.
Ukraine’s General Staff underlines that attacking populated areas, the enemy continues to destroy the infrastructure and homes of the civilian population, thereby violating the norms of International Humanitarian Law, the laws and customs of warfare.
At the same time, according to the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Uraine, the Ukrainian aviation carried out 9 strikes on the areas occupied by the occupiers, and units of missile and artillery troops of the Defense Forces of Ukraine hit 2 control points, 8 areas of concentration of manpower, an anti-aircraft missile complex, 3 ammunition depots, as well as 2 other important enemy objects over the past day.
Key points of the report:
- Volyn, Polissya, Siversk and Slobozhansk axes: no enemy offensive groups were detected. At the same time, the areas of Mykhailivka and Yanzhulivka settlements of Chernihiv Oblast were subjected to enemy shelling; Popivka, Yastrubshchyna, Studenok and Pavlivka - Sumy and Ohirtseve, Vovchansk, Budarky, Mali Prohody, Zelene, Neskuchne, Strilecha, Ternova, Bily Kolodyaz, Bologhivka, Dvorichna and Hryhorivka in Kharkiv Oblast.
- Kupyansk axis: the enemy shelled the areas of the settlements of Vilshan, Kupyansk, Orlyanka, Kyslivka, Petropavlivka, Krokhmalne, Tabaivka, and Berestov in the Kharkiv Oblast and Stel’makhivka in the Luhansk Oblast.
- Lyman axis: Makiivka, Nevske and Chervonopopivka of the Luhansk Oblast were shelled.
- Bakhmut axis: Spirne, Bilogorivka, Rozdolivka, Yakovlivka, Soledar, Krasna Gora, Bakhmut, Klishchiivka, Bila Gora, Verkhnokamianske, Vesele, Kurdyumivka, Druzhba and Pivnichne of Donetsk Oblast were damaged by fire.
- Avdiivka axis: enemy fire was detected in Krasnohorivka, Avdiivka, Georgiivka, Mar’inka, Berdychy, Vodyane and Novomykhailivka in Donetsk Oblast.
- Novopavlivka axis: Vugledar, Vremivka and Zolota Niva in the Donetsk Oblast were affected by enemy fire.
- Zaporizhzhia axis: the enemy fired from tanks, mortars, barrel and rocket artillery in the areas of Vil’ne Pole settlements of the Donetsk Oblast; Gulyaipil’ske, Dorozhnyanka, Zaliznychne, Gulyaipole, Shevchenko, Charivne, Mala Tokmachka, Novodanylivka, Orihiv, Kamianske, Zeleny Gai and Malynivka of the Zaporizhzhia Oblast.
- Kherson axis: Zolota Balka, Havrylivka, L'vove, Sadove and Kherson were shelled, in particular.
As the operational update notes, the russians are intensifying counter-sabotage and counter-intelligence measures in the temporarily occupied territories. In particular, in the settlement of Velyka Lepetykha, Kherson Oblast, random checks of the phones of local residents are carried out for the presence of photos and videos of russian military equipment. As of January 12, 2023, 3 civilians were detained and taken to an unknown destination.
Ukraine’s General Staff also warns that a danger of air and missile attacks has not disappeared anywhere in the entire territory of Ukraine and urge civil population of Ukraine not to ignore air warning signals.
Find more details on the current situation of Ukraine-russia war as well as russia’s combat losses in a publications by Defense Express:
Ukroboronprom States That Tens of Thousands of New Ukrainian-made Mortar Bombs Delivered to Front Line
Read more: U.S. Officials Concerned Not Being Able to Send GLSDB 150-km Bombs in Time, So They Don't Send Them At All