That is according to Ukraine’s General Staff operational update regarding the russian invasion as of 06.00, on January 26, 2023.
As the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine states, during the day of January 26, the adversary launched 37x air and 10x missile strikes, including, on the civilian infrastructure of the cities of Dnipro and Zaporizhzhia.
Read more: Russia is Killing Civilians with Toys, Food and Appliances, the Threat of Mining is Significant
The occupant forces launched 97x MLRS attacks targeting residential buildings in Kherson. According to preliminary information, the enemy used 24x Iranian Shahed-136 loitering munitions at night. All of them were intercepted by the Ukrainian Defense Forces.
The Ukrainian Defense Forces repelled occupants’ attacks in the vicinities of Chervonopopivka (Luhansk oblast), Verkhn’okam’yans’ke, Spirne, Rozdolivka, Blahodatne, Bakhmut, Klishchiivka, Mar’inka, Vuhledar, and Pavlivka (Donetsk oblast).
Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna axes: no significant changes, no offensive groups of the adversary were detected.
Key points of the report:
- Sivershchyna axis: the adversary shelled the vicinities of Leonivka, Yasna Polyana, Mykhal’chyna Sloboda (Chernihiv oblast), Budivel’ne, Volfyne, and Tymofiivka (Sumy oblast).
- Slobozhanshchyna axis: vicinities of 20x settlements suffered enemy attacks, including, Budarky, Vovchans’ki Khutory, Lyptsi, Vovchans’k, Krasne, and Neskuchne (Kharkiv oblast).
- Kup’yans’k axis: Syn’kivka, Ivanivka, Kotlyarivka, Tabaivka (Kharkiv oblast), and Stel’makhivka (Luhansk oblast) came under fire.
- Lyman axis: the enemy shelled Ukrainian positions in the vicinities of Makiivka, Ploshchanka, Chervonopopivka, Nevs’ke (Luhansk oblast), Veryhins’ke forestry, and Yampolivka (Donetsk oblast).
- Bakhmut axis: 22x settlements came under fire, including Ivanivs’ke, Krasnopolivka, Spirne, Bakhmut, Ozaryanivka, New York, Klishchiivka, and Kurdyumivka (Donetsk oblast).
- Avdiivka axis: Avdiivka, Vodyane, Pervomais’ke, Berdychi, Nevel’s’ke, Mar’inka, and Novomykhailivka (Donetsk oblast) suffered enemy attacks.
- Novopavlivka axis: the adversary shelled Bohoyavlenka, Prechystivka, and Zolota Nyva (Donetsk oblast).
- Zaporizhzhia axis: tank and artillery fire hit 25x settlements, including Vremivka, Vil’ne Pole, Novopil’ (Donetsk oblast), Mala Tokmachka, Novodanylivka, and Orikhiv (Zaporizhzhia oblast).
- Kherson axis: the occupant forces continue to shell civilian towns and villages. 20x settlements sustained damage, including Beryslav, Antonivka, Dudchany, Kachkarivka, Bilozerka, Novokairy, Respublikanets’, and Kherson. Russian attacks caused casualties among civilian population.
As the Ukraine’s General Staff operational report states, during the day of January 25, the Ukrainian Air Force launched 14x air strikes on the concentrations of enemy troops and 2x air strikes on the positions of russian anti-aircraft missile systems.
In addition, 2x russian Su-25 jets, 1x Ka-52 attack helicopter, 4x “Orlan-10” UAVs, and 1x “Superkam” UAV of the enemy were destroyed.
During the day of January 25, 2023, Ukrainian missile and artillery troops engaged 1x command post, 12x concentrations of troops, and 4x ammunition depots of the russian occupiers.
On the night of January 26, the Russian occupiers resumed attacks on Ukraine with the Iranian-made Shahed-136/131 kamikaze drones," the report said.
UAVs had been launched from the eastern coast of the Sea of Azov.
According to preliminary data, the enemy used 24 Shaheds. All of them were destroyed by anti-aircraft missile units, fighter aircraft and mobile groups of the Ukrainian Air Force, in cooperation with air defense units of other components of the Defense Forces of Ukraine.
According to the report, in the temporarily occupied territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, the enemy is preparing for the next wave of mobilization. Thus, by January 29, 2023, all so-called public and private institutions must submit lists of persons to be exempted from conscription to military commissariats. The next massive wave of mobilization is scheduled for late February. At the same time, starting from February 1, 2023, all repair and construction works at the state-owned enterprises and institutions will be suspended, and all budgeted funds will be redirected to support the armed aggression against Ukraine.
The occupiers take out and transfer medical equipment from Kakhovka central city hospital (Kherson oblast) to the city of Henichesk (Kherson oblast).
Ukraine’s General Staff also warns that the threat of further russian air and missile strikes remains high across Ukraine.
Find more details on the current situation of Ukraine-russia war as well as russia’s combat losses in a publications by Defense Express:
russia’s Troops Are Reluctant to Get Notorious T-14 Armata Tanks Becose of Their Poor Condition
‘The Ice Has Broken’, Leopard 2 Tanks Go to Ukraine: How Many German Tanks Reinforce the Ukrainian Army
U.S. Will Send M1 Abrams tanks to Ukraine
336 Days of russia-Ukraine War – russian Casualties In Ukraine
Read more: Chronicle of the russian federation Crimes in Ukraine (January 2023)