As the Ukraine’s General Staff operational update regarding the russian invasion as of 06.00, on December 05, 2022 states, as a result of Ukrainian Defense Forces attack against concentration of russian troops in Yakymiv district of Zaporizhzhia oblast of Ukraine, the enemy lost up to 30 troops wounded and more than 10 killed.
During the past day, the Ukrainian Air Force delivered 18x air strikes on the concentrations of enemy troops, weapons and military equipment, and conducted 1x air strike on russian anti-aircraft missile system.
Read more: What Countries in the Middle East Have NASAMS, and How Many Complexes From There Can Get to Ukraine
Also, Ukrainian warriors shot down 1x russian Ka-52 attack helicopter and 4x UAVs.
On Sunday, December 4, around 2:00 p.m., a unit of the Dnipro anti-aircraft missile brigade of the Air Command "East" shot down an enemy Ka-52 attack helicopter.
Ukrainian missile and artillery troops engaged 2x command posts, 1x ammunition depot, 1x concentration of enemy troops, weapons and military equipment, and other critical military target.
Key points of the report:
- Volyn and Polissya axes: no significant changes or signs of the formation of offensive groups of the adversary were found. The republic of belarus continues to support the armed aggression against Ukraine through the provision of its territory and airspace for missile and air strikes. Certain units of the armed forces of the republic of belarus continue to perform tasks in the areas bordering Ukraine.
- Sivershchyna axis: the enemy conducted mortar attacks on the settlements of Sopych, Svarkove, and Zaruts’ke (Sumy oblast).
- Slobozhanshchyna axis: the vicinities of Tymofiivka, Strelecha, Starytsya, Buhruvatka, Ohirtseve, Vovchans’k, Bochkove, Mala Vovcha, Dvorichna, Tavilzhanka, and Bohdanivs’ke (Kharkiv oblast) were attacked by artillery systems of various calibers.
- The enemy stays on defensive on Kup’yans’k and Lyman axes. Tanks and artillery systems shelled the vicinities of Kyslivka, Kotlyarivka, Tabaivka, Krokhmalne, Berestov, and Vyshneve settlements (Kharkiv oblast); Novoselivs’ke, Myasozharivka, Makiivka, Ploschanka (Luhansk oblast); and Yampolivka and Andriivka in Donetsk oblast.
- Bakhmut and Avdiivka axes: the russian invaders concentrate their efforts on offensive operations and further attempts to improve tactical situation. The vicinities of Soledar, Chasiv Yar, Bakhmuts’ke, Bakhmut, Kostyantynivka, Klishchiivka, Opytne, Kurdyumivka, Zalizne, Avdiivka, Pervomais’ke, Vodyane, Vesele, Krasnohorivka, Mar’yinka, and Novomykhailivka (Donetsk oblast) were shelled by enemy tanks, mortars, artillery and rocket systems.
- The enemy stays on defensive on Novopavlivka and Zaporizhzhia axes too. The vicinities of Novosilka, Neskuchne, Zolota Niva and Prechistivka (Donetsk oblast); and Novoandriivka, Novodanylivka, Zaliznychne, Hulyaipole, Chervone, and Dorozhnyanka (Zaporizhzhia oblast) were affected by the fire.
- Kherson axis: the vicinities of more than 20x Ukrainian settlements along the right bank of the Dnipro River were targeted by russian artillery units. The russian occupiers continue to terrorize civilian population of the city of Kherson.
According to the available information, the enemy has strengthened administrative and police regime and introduced a curfew in the Skadovsk district of the Kherson oblast of Ukraine. People are prohibited to move from one settlement to another 24/7, movement within settlements is restricted to a day light time only.
According to Ukraine’s General Staff operational report, Over the past day, Ukrainian Defense Forces repelled russian attacks in the vicinities of Ploshanka and Bilohorivka (Luhansk oblast); Berestov, Bilohorivka, Yakovlivka, Soledar, Bakhmuts’ke, Bakhmut, Opytne, Klishchiivka, Andriivka, Mar’yinka, and Novomykhailivka (Donetsk oblast).
As the Ukraine’s General Staff states, over the past 24 hours, the enemy launched 7x missile and 32x air strikes, and conducted more than 50x MLRS attacks against Ukrainian positions and peaceful settlements along the contact line.
The threat of missile strikes on the energy grid and critical infrastructure across Ukraine remains high.
Find more details on the current situation of Ukraine-russia war as well as russia’s combat losses in a publications by Defense Express: