Over the past 24 hours the Ukrainian Air Force launched 12x air strikes on the concentrations of the enemy, as well as 4x air strikes on the positions of its anti-aircraft missile systems. In addition, anti-aircraft gunners shot down 1x Su-25 aircraft of the occupants in the vicinity of Soledar.
Units of the missile troops and artillery of the Ukrainian Defense Forces hit 2x command posts, as well as 5x concentrations of the invaders, 1x ammunition depot, 1x electronic warfare station, and 1x radar station.
As the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine states, during the day of January 17, the enemy launched 6x missile attacks, 3x of them targeting civilian facilities in Kup’yans’k and Kramatorsk, as well as 14x air strikes. The occupant forces also launched 95x MLRS attacks.
"The enemy focuses its main efforts on offensive operations on Bakhmut axis. Occupant forces’ offensive on Avdiivka axis is unsuccessful.Thus, units of the Ukrainian Defense Forces repelled the occupant forces’ attacks in the vicinities of settlements of Bilohorivka (Luhansk Oblast), Sil’, Krasna Hora, Bakhmut, Klishchiivka, Vodyane, Nevel’s’ke, Mar’inka, and Pobjeda (Donetsk oblast)," the update reads.
Key points of the report:
- Volyn, Polissya, Sivershchyna, and Slobozhanshchyna axes: the situation remains stable. No offensive groups of the adversary were found in the areas bordering Ukraine. The republic of belarus continues to support the russian armed aggression. Joint exercises of the aircraft component of the regional grouping of the armed forces of russia and belarus continue at the airfields and in the airspace of belarus. At the same time, the Ukrainian Defense Forces are preventing provocative actions or sabotage by the adversary, air defense is being reinforced. During the day of January 17, the adversary continued shelling all along the line of contact with artillery and mortars. The following settlements were shelled: Mykolaivka (Chernihiv oblast); Rivne, Atyns’ke, Iskryskivshchyna, and Novodmytrivka (Sumy oblast); Veterynarne, Krasne, Luk’yantsi, Neskuchne, Starytsya, Ohirtseve, Hatyshche, Vovchans’k, Rybalkyne, Bilyi Kolodyaz’, Nesterne, Zemlyanky, Novomlyns’k, Bolohivka, Kam’yanka, and Dvorichna (Kharkiv oblast).
- Kup’yans’k axis: the vicinities of Kyslivka, Berestove, Kotlyarivka, Vyshneve, Ivanivka (Kharkiv oblast), as well as Novoselivs’ke, Stel’makhivka, and Andriivka (Luhansk oblast) were under fire.
- Lyman axis: the employed all available ground firepower to shell the vicinities of settlements of Makiivka, Ploshchanka, Nevs’ke, Chervonopopivka, Kreminna, Dibrova (Luhansk oblast), Terny, and Yampolivka (Donetsk oblast).
- Bakhmut axis: Verkhn’okam’yans’ke, Spirne, Vyimka, Bilohorivka, Vesele, Soledar, Krasna Hora, Paraskoviivka, Bakhmut, Klishchiivka, Kurdyumivka, Ozaryanivka, Druzhba, Zalizne, and New York (Donetsk oblast) were hit by enemy artillery.
- Avdiivka axis: Avdiivka, Vodyane, Pervomais’ke, Nevel’s’ke, Heorhiivka, Mar’inka, and Novomykhailivka (Donetsk oblast) came under enemy fire.
- Novopavlivka axis: the adversary fired artillery and mortars at Vuhledar, Mykil’s’ki Dachi, and Prechystivka (Donetsk oblast).
- Zaporizhzhia axis: more than 10x settlements were damaged by artillery fire, in particular Vremivka, Novopil’ (Donetsk oblast), Temyrivka, Shcherbaky, Stepove, Kam’yans’ke, and Plavni (Zaporizhzhia oblast).
- Kherson axis: the occupant forces continue terrorizing civilians. In particular, Antonivka and Kherson came under mortar and artillery shelling, civilians suffered.
As the operational update notes, that due to the small number of collaborators, the invaders are forced to bring clerks from the russian federation to perform the administrative functions of the occupation regime in the temporarily occupied territories. In addition, there is a shortage of workers in various fields, because local residents are unwilling to cooperate with the occupant forces. Therefore, russians attempt to bring workers from russia and the temporarily occupied Crimea.
Ukraine’s General Staff also warns that the threat of air and missile strikes by the russian federation on civilian targets across Ukraine remains high.
Find more details on the current situation of Ukraine-russia war as well as russia’s combat losses in a publications by Defense Express:
Read more: UK Transitioned to Kit-wise Supplies to Ukraine: Why the New Military Aid Package is More Than Just Challenger 2, AS-90 and Bulldog