The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has released an operational update on the state of warfare as of 06.00 on May 3, 2022.
According to Ukraine’s General Staff operational report, in the city of Boguchar, Voronezh region, between April 27 and May 2, 2022, seventeen tanks and sixty BMP-1 were taken out of storage. They were sent to the Ukrainian territories temporarily occupied by russian troops.
Key points of the report:
- In the Volyn, Polissya and Siversky directions the enemy did not take active actions, no signs of formation of offensive groups were found.
- In the Slobozhansky direction, invaiders continued shelling the city of Kharkiv and nearby settlements.
- In the Izyum direction, the enemy exerted active fire on units of Ukrainian troops.
- In the Donetsk direction, the main efforts of occupiers continue to focus on establishing full control over the settlements of Rubizhne and Popasna and advancing in the direction of the settlements of Lyman and Slovyansk.
- The enemy did not conduct active hostilities in the South Buh area. It continued to fire on units of Ukraine’s troops along the line of contact.
As the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine reports, twelve enemy’s attacks have been repulsed in Donetsk and Luhansk region in the past 24 hours, six tanks, five artillery systems, twenty-two units of armoured combat vehicles and eight units of enemy vehicles have been destroyed.
The enemy also suffered losses in other areas. The resistance movement continues to develop actively in the cities and villages temporarily occupied by russian aggressor.
During the previous day, the Air Defence and Land Forces air defence units hit seven Orlan-10 UAVs and one Forpost UAV.
Find more details on the theme in a publications by Defense Express:
Find more on the current details of Ukraine-russia war as well as russia’s combat losses in a publications by Defense Express: